Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Something to remember.

This poem is a good reminder of not missing an opportunity to be thankful for our family and friends and to express our love in any way we can as long it is called "today".

Around the Corner by: Henson Towne, Source Unknown
Around the corner I have a friend
In this great city that has no end,
Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, a year is gone
And I never see my old friends face,
For life is a swift and terrible race,
She knows I like her just as well
As in the days when I rang her bell,
And she rang mine.
We were younger then,
And now we are busy, tired men.
Tired of playing a foolish game,
Tired of trying to make a name.
"Tomorrow" I say "I will call on Jane"
"Just to show that I'm thinking of her"
But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,
And distance between us grows and grows.
Around the corner! -yet miles away,
"Here's a telegram sir-"
"Jane died today."
And that's what we get and deserve in the end.
Around the corner, a vanished friend.
If you love someone, tell them.
Remember always to say "what you mean".
Never be afraid to express yourself.
Take this opportunity to tell someone what they mean to you.
Seize the day and have no regrets.
Most importantly, stay close to your friends and family,
They have helped to make you the person you are today,
What it's all about anyway.

I am in the 6th week of my off-season cycling and core workout program and am pleased with my results so far. I've been spinning on the trainer and have gotten my cadence up to 130+ rpms for a typical 6-8 x 20 second intervals. I have never worked at such high rpms before and I'm enjoying the progress.

The core workouts are mainly focused on bike specific exercises and after 6 weeks I feel the difference. I am able to keep up with Graeme as I follow along on the DVDs. And I have to admit a 6 pack is beginning to take shape.

Six more weeks to go and I'll be ready to start planing for my 2008 training and racing schedule.

Enjoy life!

4 comments:

Neese said...

Happy Holidays to you PL. Perhaps in 08 we may meet...I'm thinking about the Cleveland Marathon instead of Greenville....need to look at the schedules..

GP said...

Happy holidays and off-season training to you. Sounds like some great work you're doing. And I hope 2008 shapes up for you just as well!

Brian said...

Good luck in 2008. I don't know how you're going to top 2007 but I'm sure you'll find a way!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Very nice poem! Hope you and your family had a great holiday season!