Friday, January 04, 2008

Challenges ahead!

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Here is a list of things I must "look fear in the face" and overcome:
* Run a sub 3 hour marathon - deciding what Fall marathon to do this in.
* Complete an Olympic Distance Triathlon in a time of 2 hours 20 minutes or less - This is the only distance I will race this summer.
* Complete a Half Ironman Triathlon in under 5 hours - Summer of 09 but training began since my first attempt last year and will continue all through this year.

To kick off the new year I will race a 5K in February to help gauge my training plan for a sub 36 minute 10K in May. The highlight in April will be a Duathlon. May will be the Cleveland 10K where I have unfinished business because of the mishap at last years race. June will start with triathlon racing season and will go through September. Then a sub 3 hour marathon in October or November is in the plans. Additional training and racing plans will be announced soon.

Happy New to all my friends and family!

No comments: