Monday, February 06, 2006

2nd Winter Season for Triathlon Training!

Starting in December I have added core exercises and more indoor bike trainer workouts.


Core exercises have been self taught from books like these and others; Core performance essentials, Exercise balls for dummies, and Strength training on the ball. I have even replaced my office chair with an exercise ball. The biggest help I think I'm getting comes from the Cyclo-Core Off Season Conditioning DVD. The focus of the DVD is on Body Weight & Resistance Training workouts. It took 3 to 4 sessions before I could complete the exercises correctly.

Indoor bike trainer workouts consists of 3 days a week with 1 hour sessions using the 17 week schedule from http://fasttandem.com

I am feeling stronger and am looking forward to good race results this coming spring.

2 comments:

TriSaraTops said...

Welcome to blog-land! :)

Zoli said...

Good luck to you in your up and coming year of Triathlons. I to have started training for a full marathon also, for next years PF Chang race I’m up to 15 to 16 miles per week (Just starting) Looking forward to some other runs before this one. Hope you can make it out to AZ some time soon.

See ya soon

From your Bro in AZ,
Zoli